Swarovski z3 BT vs leupold vx5hd

I've got 5 and 6. Like my 6 better due to the additional features etc but if working off a hudget I'd do the 5 without issue. It's a really good scope for the price imho

I have the VX5's, VX6's,Z3's,Z6 and an SHV. They all seem to have really good glass to my eye. The Swarovskis have that little edge in sharpness but I can't see a big advantage in normal hunting use. Their turret system is really limited but I like the Z3 for a classic 1" look on an older rifle where I won't be dialing. The SHV is big and the turrets large with a busy reticle.
Hands down I like the Leupold turrets the best for a practical hunting rifle. The lock system is great, the turrets are low- so easy in/out of case or scabbard. They are also much easier to look through- I guess better "eyebox" is the term. Not weaving my head around looking for the light in the tunnel. I don't have much use for an illuminated reticle so I favor the cheaper VX5 over the VX6. Love the nice simple Windplex reticle. All that being said I'm a hunter not a competitor that spins the dials a lot. So, I can't speak to their strength vs a tank like Nightforce.
Another vote here for the Aluma lens covers!

Scoping a new rifle and am looking at either the Swarovski z3 with ballistics turret or a leupold vx5hd for a lightweight option for my lightweight rifle. I've owned a few vx5hd but never the Swarovski. How does the Swarovski compare as far as tracking? I'm assuming the Swarovski glass is better? Wanted to go nightforce shv but I'm not sure I want to put a 30oz scope on my ultralight rifle. Owned a Zeiss v4 and a vortex razor lht and wasn't overly impressed with them so they went down the road. Wanting a scope with exposed elevation turret and a zero stop and a capped windage
My choices too. I had all Leupold 5HD & 3HD but over time have replaced them all with Swarovski Z3-BT P & Z5 BT P. Better scopes.

I own both and to me for what you want the Leupold is the way to go. It has better eye relief and to my aging eyes no difference in glass, if not better. Tracking is great as well. If you want to go up and compare apples to apples then you will need to go to the z5 line in the Swarovski. It is a 30mm tube like the VX5HD. The z3 is a 1" tube thus limiting travel as others have stated. I like mil scopes and to me the VX5HD 3-15x44 HTMR is the way to go and the best bang for your buck. Great scope. Both are great scopes but for you application the Leupy would be my choice.

Scoping a new rifle and am looking at either the Swarovski z3 with ballistics turret or a leupold vx5hd for a lightweight option for my lightweight rifle. I've owned a few vx5hd but never the Swarovski. How does the Swarovski compare as far as tracking? I'm assuming the Swarovski glass is better? Wanted to go nightforce shv but I'm not sure I want to put a 30oz scope on my ultralight rifle. Owned a Zeiss v4 and a vortex razor lht and wasn't overly impressed with them so they went down the road. Wanting a scope with exposed elevation turret and a zero stop and a capped windage
Have both, the Swarovski optics are excellent and in poor light conditions the Leopold has a very slight edge.

Actually the Z5 are one inch tubes too—the BT feels a bit more robust on the Z5s but that just might be me.

Really apples to apples would be probably a Z6–and yes they are way more expensive—I owed a Z8i—smoking good scope—but 3k—I sold it and have a TT315 hunter —and it is wow—for a SFP Swarovski the best they had was Swarovski X5 Un illuminated

I own both and to me for what you want the Leupold is the way to go. It has better eye relief and to my aging eyes no difference in glass, if not better. Tracking is great as well. If you want to go up and compare apples to apples then you will need to go to the z5 line in the Swarovski. It is a 30mm tube like the VX5HD. The z3 is a 1" tube thus limiting travel as others have stated. I like mil scopes and to me the VX5HD 3-15x44 HTMR is the way to go and the best bang for your buck. Great scope. Both are great scopes but for you application the Leupy would be my choice.