swarovski torture tests (videos)

Had the pro hunter 2.5x10x42 with the collapsing eye piece because the eye relief was inadequate for magnums...ended up trading it off. My beefs were the eye relief which apparently they have lengthened now and the reticle choice. The glass was very nice and for general hunting they are excellent scopes, although quite pricey. 30-338

i have a few swarovski's. glass is amazing, tracking is just as good as my nightforce, the scope is light and obviously durable. they are expensive but thats the only downside i can find to them

I own a swaro and love it. Great glass. But in no way is anywhere near as tough as
my USO's. When I bought my first one John Senior said , don't use it for a baseball
bat, but I'll warranty it if you do. Watch their torture test throwing scopes off a 20 foot
high deck onto a rocky steep hill. Or driving a pickup wheel up on the tube with it blocked
only at the ends. The weight penalty for a thicker tube is certainly a fact but it isn't as
much as you might think.

why would you take a 2000 dollar scope and try and break it?

i think they are just showing you that if you book a 6 thousand dollar hunt and drop your rifle with a swaro on it your hunt is not ruined. or if you drop it in a creek your hunts not ruined. not that you would do it on intentinally but accendents happen. the thing i like about my swarovskis are they are light as a feather and tough enough to take whatever i may do on accident.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.