SWAROVSKI Monocular Range Finder

pdrkeg

I was hoping to get comments on this range finder...consistent max yardages, best place to buy, best price....thx

1500 yards pretty consistently under most conditions. Up to 1800 yards under good conditions. These are hand held / steadied distances. I've never mounted mine on a tripod yet.

I bought one (a demo with full warranty) from Doug's Camera Land for ~ $750

See their demo page @ Demo & Sample Gear - Camera Land NY

Fast delivery & friendly service. Seemed like a competitive price. My demo unit looked like a new one, and again, came with the same warranty a new one would. Camera Land states that they are a Swarovski authorized dealer.

Hope this helps.

i get 1750 every time i have tried it, but thats as far as i have ever tried to range anything yet. i think if its getting 1700 as easy as it is it should get 1900+ maybe 2000+ on a good day. huntinfool18

i most have a bad one because i can't get mine to work on a tripod past 900. i was trying to range some hogs today and it was going from 223 to 375 never the same. where is the best place in the aiming circle to use as a aim point? it seems like mine like the bottom of the circle. but it's so dam big that it's hard to tell where it's reading from. may be i'm not doing something right. please help if you can i'm sick of range finders not doing what i need when i need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff,
Yours is faulty. Send it back to Swarovski and they will look after you. Their customer service is first rate.
I returned two faulty units like yours before I received a good one that would range 1,500yds+ consistently. I eventually returned the third unit as well because it would often not range some close-range targets (900yds) that my Leica CRF ranged perfectly all the time.
Don't get me wrong, the Swaro is a brilliant piece of gear all round and a good Swaro will always outrange a good Leica CRF. However, for my hunting needs, the other attributes of the CRF outweigh the greater range of the Swaro. It's just a personal choice.

Jeff,
Yours is faulty. Send it back to Swarovski and they will look after you. Their customer service is first rate.
I returned two faulty units like yours before I received a good one that would range 1,500yds+ consistently. I eventually returned the third unit as well because it would often not range some close-range targets (900yds) that my Leica CRF ranged perfectly all the time.
Don't get me wrong, the Swaro is a brilliant piece of gear all round and a good Swaro will always outrange a good Leica CRF. However, for my hunting needs, the other attributes of the CRF outweigh the greater range of the Swaro. It's just a personal choice.

i talked to them and I'm going to send it back they said it would take 7-8 weeks i told them if i had to wait that long i would buy some thing else. they then told they have a loaner program. so i gave them my cc# and will see how this works out. i have seen some on ebay for 600.00 latey my be i need a back up.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.