Swarovski doubler question

azeyecap

My buddy has a set of 15 power SLC's and he ordered the double the other day. He is wondering if you can slap two doublers on and have a set of 30 power binos? Has anyone tried it?

My buddy has a set of 15 power SLC's and he ordered the double the other day. He is wondering if you can slap two doublers on and have a set of 30 power binos? Has anyone tried it?

I have the same set up as your mate and was onto the same idea as him.
I was advised that this cannot be done reliably with two doublers as you will not get both tubes to converge like they do without the doublers.
You can only use one eye tube with the doubler for what is effectively a x30 telescope.
Also you will not get the same clarity as the light transmission gets reduced because of the extra lenses that the light must transmit through.
Only way for higher and better magnification is to get a separate spotting scope such as the Leupold Gold Ring in x40 magnification.
I use this one and it is very clear, compact and light compared to the more powerful larger and heavier units out there.

i have used two doublers on my 10x42 slc's, and it works just fine, but the field of view is cut drastically. it also worked on my buddy's 15x50's. it is a good idea if you are really trying to pick apart a hillside, and fov is not that important.

i also have gold ring 12-40x60 spotter, and i think it is as good as my buddy's swaro. The biggest thing is to get a stable tri pod......

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.