swarovski brx/brh reticle review

killalot

Fellow hunters,

Was just curious to know if anyone has had any experience with the swaro brx and brh reticles . I\m worried the the brx may be too fine on the other side of the coin I'm worried the brh maybe too heavy for long range big game hunting. Can someone who has experience with either of these reticles give me some insight on which to choose from aswell as any pros/cons for this scope. gun)thanks killalot

Last edited:
I have just confirmed today that swarovski on has a 5 year full parts and labour and a 10 year warranty on thier scopes. Needless to say I wont be investing in a Swaro anytime soon.

Not exactly... Limited Lifetime on the optical system, 10 years on the rest.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY​
Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of SWAROVSKI OPTIK. Since
our founding in 1949, the SWAROVSKI OPTIK community has been committed to providing an
ownership experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely
believe that our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the
name you trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem
in defects in workmanship or materials, we'll gladly examine the instrument. SWAROVSKI OPTIK
offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US
residents from an authorized SWAROVSKI OPTIK North American dealer. Once examined, if it is
determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective
part. SWAROVSKI OPTIK warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of
purchase against defects in materials or workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic
components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to
normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are
warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from
unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If
after the warranty period your instrument needs servicing please call customer service at (800) 426-
3089. At SWAROVSKI OPTIK, we are totally committed to our customer, products and service. Once
you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products, we are sure they will become your
trusted companions for life.
"Any SWAROVSKI OPTIK product that is purchased in the U.S. that is not imported by SWAROVSKI
OPTIK North America and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. SWAROVSKI OPTIK North
America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty." In the event of a defect, please call customer
assistance at (800) 426-3089 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify
your warranty request through its completion. When you call, our customer service representative will
give you instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or take
your product to us, please enclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, a brief
description of the problem, and a copy of the receipt from an authorized U.S. SWAROVSKI OPTIK
North America dealer. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of
any packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the
instrument is not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price.
Any correspondence should be sent to:
SWAROVSKI OPTIK N.A. Ltd​
. • 2 Slater Road Cranston, RI 02920 / [email protected]
Please do not send us your instrument until we have issued a Service Order Number and instructed
you to do so. If you are instructed to return the instrument to us, you are responsible for properly
packaging your instrument. You are responsible for insuring the package and assume the risk of loss

in transit to us, unless we arrange for transport.

SwarovskiWarranty.jpg

Looking at the warranty card that came with my Swarovski it says it has a Lifetime warranty on the optical system and 10yr on other parts. I uploaded a copy of the warranty card and I also wen to their site and you can look up warranty info on any product.

I wonder what they consider the optical system? I guess the only thing that wouldn't be considered would be the turret caps and eye piece?

I have never had an issue with any of my Swaro products and I have some hand me downs from my dad that are 20 yrs old. I lost and eye cup once and they just sent out another one after I asked nicely. They will continue to be my go to hunting scope.

Now to answer your original question, it depends on the model of scope you are looking at.

If you are looking at a Z3, then I would recommend the BRX because I find the field of view is too narrow for the thicker BRH.

In the Z5/Z6 I like the BRH because the field of view is double that of the Z3.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.