Swaro Laser Guide Problems ??

NJS you may be right. But I have yet to own one for 6 months with out a problem. The one I have now is less than 2 weeks old. It froze again this am while elk hunting. Again I removed and replaced the battey and it was fine once more...

Jeff

NJS you may be right. But I have yet to own one for 6 months with out a problem. The one I have now is less than 2 weeks old. It froze again this am while elk hunting. Again I removed and replaced the battey and it was fine once more...

Jeff

Jeff,
Sounds like you will need to carry 3 Swaros. I saw one advertised on the Forum yesterday. $625. Range once with each one and you'll be good for three ranges - enough to confirm the distance. After that you'll have to swap to your Leica and hope the animal is close enough for the Leica to report the range. gun) :)

I use mine almost every day, it is a tool I can't be without. The only problems I have ever had are sometimes I get a range I know without a doubt is wrong. It usually happens at longer distances 9-1500 yards and it will show a 3-400 yard range. it don't happen often and has nothing to do with the battery or closer objects in line of sight. It has quirks but still seems to be the best I can find.

Broz:

When I visited, we compared your and my Swaro. Does your new one come closer to performing like mine or yours? I really llike the smaller reticle on the Leica, but I like the longer capability of the Swaro.

Did you get that goat?

I am having the same problem with my Swarvo.
I pull it out of the pack and some times it is as dead as a DoDo. I pull the battery and put it back in and it then works just fine.

The battery is not the problem as I repalce the battery and it makes no difference.

It seems ot do this about 30% of the time now and I am sick of pulling the battery out to re-set what ever is causing it to trip.

I guess I will just have to send it back for repairs? :cool:

Jeff,

After seeing how your Leica's worked when we shooting at Joe's in Montana, I came home and ordered a set. I had also bought the Zeiss rangefinders and sold them. The Leica's seem to do ok at closer ranges but not great much past 900 yards on non reflective objects.

After using Joe Starns Newcoms, I broke down and ordered a set from him yesterday. They are quite a bit more than Swaro's but I think they will get the job done with ease.

I think the newcoms will make a nice backup rangefinder for my uses! :D

Jeff,
It seems like you've been unlucky enough to have uncovered an electrical/electronic flaw in at least some of their range finders. I'm Swarovski would like to get to the bottom of it also. Somebody on the production line is getting a bad solder joint or some other such problem that's generating your grief. A couple others have also ID'd the same type problem.

I'd send this thread into Swaro with your bad units and ask for replacements. Once they see their product getting some problematic press via your effort to troubleshoot their LRF units, I'm pretty sure they'd be interested in ensurnig a happy ending to your thread. I do believe they're a class act company - by and large.

Maybe delete this post from your thread. Or if you want, send me a PM and I can delete it so it doesn't look like we've collaborated to damage the Swaro reputation. Hey..., you don't drink while you operate the Swaro LRF units? Just kidding. :D

Last edited:
Jeff,
I'd send this thread into Swaro with your bad units and ask for replacements. It seems like you've been unlucky enough to have uncovered an electrical/electronic flaw in at least some of their range finders. I'm sure they'd like to get to the bottom of it also. Somebody on the production line is getting a bad solder joint or some other such problem that's generating your grief.

Plus, once they see their product getting some problematic press via your effort to get to the bottom of the issue, I'm pretty sure they'd be interested in a happy ending to your thread.

Just delete this post from your thread. Or if you want, send me a PM and I can delete it so it doesn't look like we've collaborated operate the Swaro LRF units. :D

I think this is a good idea (I'll delete my post too if requested) These things are a lot of $$ to have performance issues. I have been lucky enough not to have problems so far w/ mine.

Hello Broz, Sorry if you took my post the wrong way... in no way am I giving Swaro a "pass" on the problem you are experiencing... they need to solve your problem and I am sure they will... It sounds as if others are having the same problem...

I have seen a number of posts on folks who have problems with their rangefinders when they are out of warranty and upset about the 2 year warranty given by all the rangefinder manufactures.

Sorry if I didn't express myself well enough.

NJS

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.