Supressor

Ok I am thinking that I am going to get a suppressor. I have heard that they really help with reducing recoil and of course with noise. So I have a few questions. With a 300 Win Mag how much does it reduce recoil and how much does it reduce sound? Also I am going to my dealer (impact guns) and have them put in an order and get the paper work started. Any advice on moving the process through? Any input would be appreciated this is a pretty big investment and I want to make sure I make the most of it. I am looking at the GemTech HVT for starters. I would love to have one and think it will probably be on the chopping block with the new governement.

A well made suppressor will reduce recoil about the same as a deceint brake , their are alot of companies out their making great cans , Gemtech is one of them but for the money I'd probably buy a SAS suppressor and use one of his brakes as well , the brake threads onto the barrel and works like a ragular baffle style brake and the suppressor threads on the outside on the brake and snugs up on a tapered shoulder on the rear , the brake alos makes the suppressor a bit more effeceint. link : Suppressed Armament Systems, LLC
SASBrake.jpg

AAC Cyclone is a well made suppressor and works well , not sure if they are 300 win mag rated. Link : Advanced Armament Corporation - Home

OPs Inc suppressors also are well made and work well. Link : OPS INC

The SWR Omega 300 is a great suppressor also buit a bit heavy . Link ; SWR - About

The SRT shadow is another well made effeceint suppressor. Link ; SRT Arms

make sure that the suppressor that your looking at is rate for the 300 win or it may only be worth one shot. If you buy a suppressor that threads on the muzzle I highly recomend that you wait to have the muzzle threaded until you get your can that way you can have the barrel threaded to match the suppressor perfectly.

Last edited:
I have a HVT it's good for 308 but I don't think good for 300 winmag. Get the AAC or SWR James suggested. I have heard some negative things about Impact guns..........be careful.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.