Suppressed or Un-suppressed

From all the cans mentioned earlier on my reply which are all titanium, we don't really notice any first round pops.

If you are shooting a high caliber centerfire you probably wont. The muzzle blast is so significant another sq ft of air wont increase it by much, and the noise level of said rifles is already fairly high. If you are shooting sub sonic ammo, pistols, or rimfires it will be much more noticable. This is all relative to the area in the can. Ti cans are, or can be, made of much thinner mat'l alotting for more available area for a given suppressor size, so they run the possibility of having a louder F.R.P.

The first round through the can is a little louder than the next unless you shoot it wet as I have tried it both ways with wire pulling cable lubricant on some .22 rimfire cans . I have yet to test it with a .308 can but I would think it would be the same results. Deplete the oxygen in the can and the sound drops, Spray it with co2 just before firing and its very quiet. Shoot a supersonic round at close range with a close impact into an animal or target and you wont hear the bullet break the sound barrier[.22 rimfire] Cans are awesome, Love shooting quiet . Paperwork time has increased to over 7 months minimum now. Point of impact changes maybe 1/2 inch at 100 yds on my .308 and no change at all on the .22 cans. Wish we had a preapproval card for cans that would allow you to purchase an take them home same day. No need for this waiting months for the same approval. Just my thoughts....

The first round through the can is a little louder than the next unless you shoot it wet as I have tried it both ways with wire pulling cable lubricant on some .22 rimfire cans . I have yet to test it with a .308 can but I would think it would be the same results. Deplete the oxygen in the can and the sound drops, Spray it with co2 just before firing and its very quiet. Shoot a supersonic round at close range with a close impact into an animal or target and you wont hear the bullet break the sound barrier[.22 rimfire] Cans are awesome, Love shooting quiet . Paperwork time has increased to over 7 months minimum now. Point of impact changes maybe 1/2 inch at 100 yds on my .308 and no change at all on the .22 cans. Wish we had a preapproval card for cans that would allow you to purchase an take them home same day. No need for this waiting months for the same approval. Just my thoughts....

I have also had exceptional results with wire pulling grease. Ive also noticed being close to the target is a big plus.

Have you tested for a velocity change in the 308?

I would definetly appreciate a pre approval system. Maybe for anyone who holds a CHL or has already been approved for an NFA item?

I just concluded the first test with my freshly built .308 suppressor.

Basically the suppressor is very similiar to ops inc 3rd model. Its fusion welded 17-4 and 304 ss.

All in all the sound is very pleasant and comparable to most cans on the market.

Accuracy is about the same, maybe .125 - .25 increase, but i will need more time to be sure.

Muzzle velocity jumped from 2580 - 2640 with the 185 gn berger.
Which yeilded 1.5 moa at 700 yds and nearly 2.5 at 1k.

Im thouroughly impressed and its well worth the 200 bucks it cost me.

Suppressor is aprox 1.5" x 12" and sits over the barrel 5".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.