Supply Shortage?

Where are you located? I hit the local proshop today, just a tiny shop that has been in business forever and they had every single kind of primer in at least 4 brands and they had at least 6 boxes of each kind in each brand. They had at least 60% of the powders and even some 22lr. I am in Salt Lake. The primer cases were only $40 except for the small rifle was $50 and this is barely more than normal prices around here, powder was priced as low as ever. Good luck!

I'm located in Eastern North Carolina. I made the round of calls to all the gun stores around here yesterday and still no Feds. I did end up backordering some from MidSouth Shooters though.

.22LR ammo is even worse. That stuff is worth its weight in cash right now around here. Every vendor at the last gun show sold out of .22LR by lunch time on the FIRST DAY. Luckily I bought about 3000 rounds a couple of months ago, but I am working that down everyday. I shoot my .22LR atleast 4 times a week.

Last edited:
You're out west, you should be fine but out here on the east coast that is a distinct possibility.

You're out west, you should be fine but out here on the east coast that is a distinct possibility.

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. Man I wish I had 40K rounds of .22LR. I wish I had 1K subsonic rounds. They are as rare as diamonds in a pile of dog poop around here. I've been eagle eyeing gunbroker.com for subsonics but they are crazy high priced.

No, I did not mean me, I meant the gun grabbing states. I keep reading each wants to outdo the next with gun laws and they are all putting ammo into the equation. "Never mess with a man's woman, job or his guns".

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.