Supply Shortage?

jwc1080

I just go into reloading, well have been trying to find the things I want to start now for going on three months. I have been looking for Federal Match Magnum 215 primers and some Nosler or RWS brass for a long while now. I know there are other choices with these but I'm holding out because I really want to start with those primers and one of those brands of brass. I've been to the last two gun shows, every hunting/shooting store within 50 miles of here, and searched the web everyday looking for the primers but haven't have any luck. I have seen and few people selling RWS brass but I never catch them in time before they sell out. There is a fella selling some annealed RWS brass on another forum but I can fork out the $2 a case for it. Is there anywhere that you all would know were I could find these items? I do not mind at all paying the hazmat charge for shipping of the primers.

I understand this is a bad time to be trying to purchase anything to do with a firearm.

Last edited:
I understand this is a bad time to be trying to purchase anything to do with a firearm.

You bet it is; however, depending on the caliber, midsouthshooterssupply.com has Nosler brass in stock:
Search | Shooting Supplies | Reloading | MidsouthShootersSupply.com
They don't carry RWS.

Primers are currently out of stock, but are expected to be on-hand in two more days.
Gold Medal Magnum Large Rifle Match Primer (1000 Count) | MidsouthShootersSupply.com

I live 5 minutes from the actual physical location of Mid-South Shooters, and they are an absolutely world class operation. Excellent folks, unbeatable prices and service.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, I'll keep my eye on them. I'm reloading for a Sendero SF II .300WM. I just skim bedded the stock and can't wait to see what kind of accuracy I can get from handloads. 210 VLDs with either H-1000, RE-22, and IMR 7828 SSC. I have all three.

You bet it is; however, depending on the caliber, midsouthshooterssupply.com has Nosler brass in stock:
Search | Shooting Supplies | Reloading | MidsouthShootersSupply.com
They don't carry RWS.

Primers are currently out of stock, but are expected to be on-hand in two more days.
Gold Medal Magnum Large Rifle*Match Primer (1000 Count) | MidsouthShootersSupply.com

I live 5 minutes from the actual physical location of Mid-South Shooters, and they are an absolutely world class operation. Excellent folks, unbeatable prices and service.

Hope this helps.

That would/ could be VERY dangerous for me to live THAT close to Mid South Shooters Supply. I love that place, and yes, you are right, they are a class act to be sure. Every time I have ordered from them they are VERY courteous, and professional. There prices can't be beat. In my neck of the woods, 215 Gold Medal Match primers are nearly non existent. They were just starting to show up around here again, then this $&@@ happened. Unfortunately, I live in Masschusetts, and like NYC, MOST of the places can not ship components here. There are a few places that will, but they are also out as well. ( just cant win).
Take care,
Bob

I just got a case each of 210 and 215 for $30 each here. The 215 GM's were in stock for a couple of days, but they fly out quick so you need to be around the gun shops every few days.

I just got a case each of 210 and 215 for $30 each here. The 215 GM's were in stock for a couple of days, but they fly out quick so you need to be around the gun shops every few days.
Where did you find those at? You can PM me.

Keep an eye on all the supply houses. Midway will give you alerts when you sign up but I am guessing people have their SmartPhones all geared up for the notifications.

This is probably a good time for you to read, read, read. If you need book suggestions on reloading please start another thread.

Need to go to brunoshooters.com. federal match magnums in stock all the time. Just got 5 cases. Still waiting for small rifle match.

Shoot me a PM if you stumble arcoss another sale. I try to check the classifieds periodically while I'm at work, but I have still yet to find any. EVERY online store have most primers out of stock, with the execption of Winchesters and CCIs.

Yes, this is a lot of panic buying but with NY, MD and now CA I think it is a good idea to stock up for a few years. As a hunter I don't need much but I do need what I need.

Wow. I see why they have them in stock. That price is 40% higher than everywhere else. Seems like a little price gouging to me. I will probably regret it but ill pass on those. Even the haz mat shipping charge is more than everywhere else.

I saw that too, and that is why I edited my post. If I buy like that I will feel like a chump. Bad idea on their part as I will not even look at their web site anymore. Gouge, gouge, gouge. Makes a bad situation worse for hunters like us.

Yea thats ridiculous. I honestly can't believe anyone would purchase them from there, regardless of how hard they are too find. There is no way that Bruno Shooters buys them from their supplier for so much that they have to sell them at 59.99 a pop to make a profit. I just backordered two packs of Federal Match mag 215 and two packs of Federal Large rifle 210. Now if I could just find some brass.

Backorder it, you will get it. That is just part of the sport, you are just about always going to have something on backorder.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.