Superformance in a 300wsm

JRY46

Hi everyone,
Anyone using Superformance in there 300wsm? I bought a can for my buddies 300 Ruger Compact and noticed that on the can is shows a load for 155 grain bullets. Looking threw out the world wide web it seems to be used by a few people with lighter bullets. I'm using 166 gr Hammers and 168 gr TTSX, cant find much of anything for these heavier pills. Gun is a semi-custom Savage with a 1-10 twist 26" Lothar Walter Barrel. I'm using RL17 now but I'm bored and thought I would give it a try and see how it works. Thanks in advance for your insight...................JR

Hodgdon has load data for 300WSM for Hornady 165 GMX that would be good starting point for a mono style bullet. Superformance is pretty narrow window of powder that in the 300WSM seems to be the 165 range. I have had really good loads with the Nosler 168 LRAB using the Hodgdon data for the 165 partition. ES and SD were VG <10. It also shot the 178 ELDX and the 165 IB extremely well so it can be a finicky powder. It didn't like Sierra 180 PH, 180 AB or 180 BT in my rifle at all. Based upon what I have seen the 165 range of bullet appears to be really worth trying.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.