Super Sniper Zero Stop

jpd676

A couple of guys on Sniper's Hide are now making zero stops for the super sniper line of scopes. I am ordering a couple today, but it looks like they work well and it won't void any warranty. The SS scopes are the best bang for the buck and for $20.00 more you can add a zero stop. Just wanted to share the love.

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

A couple of guys on Sniper's Hide are now making zero stops for the super sniper line of scopes. I am ordering a couple today, but it looks like they work well and it won't void any warranty. The SS scopes are the best bang for the buck and for $20.00 more you can add a zero stop. Just wanted to share the love.

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

You just send the payment via PayPal, or send a check to him. You have to state which model that you want the spacers for, as he is making them for other models as well.

I'm going for the SWFA SS 5-20x50mm zero stop spacers. It will make my favorite scope even more user friendly.

Think about what you're doing before ruining your scope.
Look at the difference between a REAL zero stop(NF), and the improvised spacers-for-stops..

When you stop a turret against a spacer you're converting rotation into torque, which is applied to the elevation threading that anyone would desire to be precise and repeatable.
With a NF zero stop only the turn is stopped, with no additional torque created from this or applied the erector shaft.

That you can hood wink some warranty work on a cheap scope, doesn't make the action correct.

Mike,
I can see how they could potentially cause harm, but why would Chris Farris from SWFA bless off on them if they would? I baught a set a little while back to see what all the fuss is over a zero stop. I haven't bothered putting them on...might not.

Think about what you're doing before ruining your scope.
Look at the difference between a REAL zero stop(NF), and the improvised spacers-for-stops..

When you stop a turret against a spacer you're converting rotation into torque, which is applied to the elevation threading that anyone would desire to be precise and repeatable.
With a NF zero stop only the turn is stopped, with no additional torque created from this or applied the erector shaft.

That you can hood wink some warranty work on a cheap scope, doesn't make the action correct.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that how the Vortex-PST line's zero stop works, with a series of shims.

The hole idea is not to go at it like a beer wolf trying to twist off his favorite cold one:D after a long hike.

"Quick set up of the Viper PST Riflescope Zero Stop Turret."

[ame="http://youtu.be/SRnU0LK_m1w"]How To Set The Viper PST Zero Stop - YouTube[/ame]

The hole idea is not to go at it like a beer wolf trying to twist off his favorite cold one:D after a long hike.
It doesn't take foot/lbs, or inch/lbs, but inch/ounces to stress a turret screw with such fine thread pitch.
Consider a zero stop from a REAL scope company: Nightforce: Pic:
Leupold's ZS for CDS is same in function to NF.
They stop turn, by revolution, rather than vertical travel of the cap.

That the recent and fly-by-night out there would do it wrong? Here's a brutal truth for you;
There are patents on real innovations, and if customers won't recognize a bad design, they probably won't recognize issues resulting from them. And with a little hype, mass ignorance, and occasional or slowed replacement of returns, a smaller company can go to way higher gains than losses from these customers.
They can work out implementation of better designs later..
I'm trying to help you -not be one of these customers.

Attachments

• NF_ZeroStop.jpg
    NF_ZeroStop.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 223
Consider a zero stop from a REAL scope company: Nightforce: Pic:
Leupold's ZS for CDS is same in function to NF.

That the recent and fly-by-night out there would do it wrong?

There are patents on real innovations, and if customers won't recognize a bad design, they probably won't recognize issues resulting from them. And with a little hype, mass ignorance, and occasional or slowed replacement of returns, a smaller company can go to way higher gains than losses from these customers.

I'm trying to help you -not be one of these customers.

LOL You might want to work on your communication skills.

Insulting people that do not have the same scopes as you is not a very effective method to get your point across; regardless of if you are correct, or of how genuinely well intentioned you may be.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts