Super sniper scopes...............

nelson

So I was wondering what you fella's think of these super sniper scopes.. The price seem much more affordable than say a nifty nightforce etc.. and seeing as I get married this saturday I think I would be wise to limit my spending the new wife want's a honeymoon afterall.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Varmicide,

For the money they are a great scope. I would recommend not getting the side focus 10x model as a couple of these I have seen were not as clear as the regular models

Keep in mind these are not $1300 scopes and as such they are not as clear and bright as a NF. Still they are plenty clear and bright for any field use I can think of and offer more verticle adjustment for the money then any other scope I know of.

Unfortunately this may be a moot point as I believe SWFA will not ship to Canada at all. You would have to have someone order one in the states and ship it up to you I believe.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby
APS

Will the straight 10 power of these Super Sniper scopes be enough to shoot at long ranges (600+ yards)? Will you be limited in range because of the lense power?

Knappy

Knappy,

There is a 10x, 16x and 20x model available. I have the 16x and have used it to shoot out to 1 mile with great results in my 338 Kahn. My target board is a 4x8 sheet of pressed board covered with white freezer paper with a dark 9"x11" sheet of cardboard taped in the middle of the white back ground.

On 16x this is easily targeted at 1 mile because of the stark contrast of the dark on white target.

In spite of what many think, it is totally possible to use 10x for shooting out to 1000 yards depending on your target. I have used 10x on rockchucks at this range and feel this is not adiquate for this size target but do feel it is plenty for big game targeting out to this range.

The big issue is glass quality at these ranges more then magnification power.

Good Shooting

Kirby Allen(50)

Thank you Kirby. I was asking about the 10X because I would also want a scope that if I had a deer in my lap instead of at long range, I want to be able to find him fairly quickly if he is moving. Do you have any experience with this scope on close range?

Just ordered a SS in 16X as the idea is long range hunting but having a 10X also I'm pretty confident that a deer in your lap wouldn't get away with the 16X.

SWFA back orded the thing with a possible 3-4 week delay. They happened to have a Weaver Tactical in 4X14 laying around so I got it. My preference would still be the SS but time is pushing me.

THere's a 16X SS on ebay. Last time I checked it was 270 US.

I won't even mention your upcoming wedding. Its a sore spot with me at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My youngest daughter is getting married RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF HUNTING SEASON /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif But its worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will kick my daughters butt if she gets married in the middle of hunting season! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But she is only six so I have lots of time to bring her up right.

Knappy, I could get you a brand new IOR 2.5x10 with the 30mm tube for $635 or $710 for the fixed 10x. Granted you are not spending $300 like the SS, but you're not spending $1300 either.

These scopes are awesome. Check out some posts on this site. The glass is from Schott Glass in Germany. Field of view on these scopes are awesome. SS 10x has 13' @ 100 Yards and the IOR has 18'.

In the long run, is it really not worth spending the extra $300-$400?

[ QUOTE ]
I will kick my daughters butt if she gets married in the middle of hunting season! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But she is only six so I have lots of time to bring her up right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last of 5 daughters. Couple of 'em did the huntin' season thing. Just a few daughters and many hunting seasons.

Birdman posted some good tho'ts. The scopes he mentioned are awesome. Especially the one with the 8 moa in the down direction reticle. Would hardly ever have to click. Which is this old geezer's book is worth a few bucks.

BTW, thanks for your service!

Birdman,

I am going to have to wait until I get back from Germany. My wife has all my money spent on traveling as soon as we get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif You do have a good point though and I will keep that in mind when I do decide to get some new glass.

Roy in Idaho,

Thank you for your appreciation for myself and all the other military members that serve this country. It truely is an honor to serve in the military (any and all branches) and we DEFINATELY have a very nice living in the states. We are all blessed and should be thankful for the freedoms that we have. O.K., I will stop now.

Thanks gentlemen,

Knappy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.