Super 338 Build??

Thanks for your response on the subject Roy, it's definitely nice to have an Allen Magnum owner's feedback on the subject. I don't have an action or anything at this time for a potential build so I'm a clean slate on components. I'm glad to hear the great reviews on your rifle as I followed your posts on here about it. I have also read Cinch's review on his 375 AM and it has all been positive. I need to start by deciding what I need to sell out of the safe to get the ball rolling on this as well as saving some funds. The idea of extreme performance like you've mentioned has me completely mesmerized and I hope to own a rifle like it sooner rather than later. Out of curiosity have you tried the Rocky Mountain bullets in your gun? I would guess that with only four shots through it the answer would be no but I thought I'd ask. I look forward to any more review on your rifle that you may have.

Elk Chaser,

+1 on Kirby for building your rifle. I currently have two 338 Khan's and a 510 AM he has built. They are all excellent shooting rifles, you can't go wrong getting Kirby to do your build.

I also have a 338 AM in the shop as we speak. I hope Kirby finishes it up a little early for hunting season this fall, but probably will get it a little later in the winter. As one other post said, I would recommend just contacting Kirby and let him put the build specs together. You can fine tune anything you want to change. The Raptor action will not work for the 338 or 375 AM. I suspect your list from kirby will look something like this:

BAT action
32" Lilja barrel
5 port Pain Killer brake
McMillan A5 stock with adjustable cheek piece
Jewel trigger
NF rail, rings and scope

The rifle will weight in at around 18 lbs give or take a pound or two. There is really not much to mess with from Kirby's standard build list........ Just pick your stock color, the finish for the metal, send him a check and sit and be prepared to wait impatiently for 12 months.:D:D

BAT action
32" Lilja barrel
5 port Pain Killer brake
McMillan A5 stock with adjustable cheek piece
Jewel trigger
NF rail, rings and scope

Thanks for the advice RDM, I assume those are the components of your build? Sounds like it will be a heck of a nice gun once you get your hands on it!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.