Summer Prep for Winter Fur

ADMIN

Administrator
The dog days of summer are not just for cleaning rifles and equipment. Although now is a great time to work on that sticky extractor or replace that old heavy factory trigger for the aftermarket trigger you've been wanting. Now is also the time to send that e-caller back to have the charging jack fixed and get the newest upgrades. Maybe you forgot you were going to reprogram your caller to put your most often used sounds up front in the sound list. Now is a good time to look at your overall set-up. Am I ready for a new set of rechargeable batteries and, speaking of that, how about an extra battery holder for the spares? What sound was hardest to master on your handcall? Spend some time working on that sound. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Summer Prep for Winter Fur , By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

1) New partner through hunter safety-done.
2) NOS on speed dial-done.
3) ATV/Truck maintenance-done.
4) Big game draws-zilch.
5) Mandatory annual family visit scheduled pre-season-done.
6) Absentee ballot-done.
7) Rifles sighted-done.
8) Deciding which rifle-wishy washy.
9) Coyote practice targets-begun.
10) Air-conditioner on max to develop cold weather tolerance-done.

Actually we haven't had much use for AC this year. Your snowy picture did look inviting on one of our rare hot days. Save me a spot on you calendar!
Carl

Unfortunately, I'm with you on #4 also--no tags. But, hey, they haven't taken my coyote and varmint tags away from me yet and there's No Off Season! Let me know when you're ready, Carl!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.