Suggestions on 270 WIN loads

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
h-1000 only shines in my ackley improved 29 inch barreled gun using 169.5 bullets

[/ QUOTE ]

How did those WC prototypes pan out or did you get some new ones?

Budlight

You mention the use of 169.5 ULD in your .270 Ackely improved, may I enquire as to the load you utilise?

I ask as I have a project on the go with my own .270 Winchester to which a Carnes 1:8 twist barrel has been fitted.

Thanks to the good folks on this forum I have been given sufficient help with loading tips to get an accurate load with the 140 Accubond, in my case ahead of 60 grains of Rel #22 and Fed 210 GM porimer in W_W brass. No special neck turning or any other case prepping.

More than this my barrel has a .001" increas in diamteter over the usual .277" bore and accordingly I have been put in touch with Richard Graves of Wildcat Bullets and discussed with him the possibility of having some 169.5 RBBT's shipped here for trial.

Richard tells me that the diameter of this bullet is close at .2776" to my own bore and that with the 1:8 twist, an ideal match may exist save for the lack of muzzle velocity from my Win over say a .270 AM. A partial remedy to alleviate shortage of fps is to open the meplat on my bullets to aid terminal set-up.

I was wondering if you had any experience in the use of heavy bullets in this calibre, the Ackely being close in case capacity terms and if so what loads and m.v's you had found?

My barrel is only 24" and of sporter contour

Have any of you tryed the 140g Accubond on deer out to 700 yards? (1700 f/s inpact velocity) Is the bc on Nosler's website close 130g BT .433, 140g BT .456, 140g AB .496?
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.