suggest lightweight ring and base for Rem 700

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by EXPRESS, Sep 10, 2012.

1. EXPRESS

EXPRESS Well-Known Member

I am about to get my Rem Titanium back from the smith who just re-chambered it in 6.5-284.

Previously it was a light n handy rifle and wore the Talley two piece rings, but now it will become a mid to long range hunting rifle with a Leupold 8.5-25 Mk IV ER/T on it and needs a 20MOA base and some rings. For the rings I was thinking of the NF ultralights but I can't find a base that suits the build.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

2. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

TPS makes a aluminum alloy Base that is suppose to be as strong as Steel & they have titanium Rings.

3. BlackKnight755

BlackKnight755 Well-Known Member

Even though the NF ultralights do weigh less than the steel ones, they are still heavy. They are great products, I use them exclusivly, but if I was trying to shave the weight I would go a different route or in my case, I would just have to lose extra weight somewhere else cause the NightForce products are great!

4. EXPRESS

EXPRESS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys I did check the TPS site and I thought I remembered they made thiers in alloy but couldn't find them.

5. JeffP40

JeffP40 Well-Known Member

Why not just Talley light weight, one piece? I can't imagine a 6.5-284 would need a 20min base for mid-to-long range. Hard to get much better or lighter. I have about the same trajectory, and I only need about 21min to 1000.

6. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

7. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Neither can I and those are the rings I used on my Savage 308 LWH. IMO Talley makes a fine product and you can deal direct with them.

8. Daves762

Daves762 Well-Known Member

DNZ products makes one piece scope rings and mounts for about $55 and strong as can be.

I use them on all my rifles, including the long range rig.