Sugestions for rings

warrbuk

What options do I have for Quick detachable rings? I am looking at a Farrel 20 MOA base. I was looking at the Luepold QRW rings.

On another thread I saw that weaver type rings will be slightly offset on the Farrel base.

What are my options? Its for a Rem 700 SA

Thanks,

Mark

I have several rifles with the Farrell 20 MOA bases and QRW rings, they work well. I also use the PRW rings. You have to use a allen wrench on them but they are more "stout" than the QRWs.

You can also go with Badger rings and bases. Pricy, but very good also.

db

I am a big fan of the PRW rings. they are pretty light but very strong also. You might also look at the MK4 aluminum rings. They are very strong and light as well, plus they give the gun a very "tactical look".

take it easy
steve

I just don't see the need for quick release rings. It seems that you run more of a risk of accidently loosening your scope by catching the lever than by needing to change your scope under field conditions - since I don't change scopes in the field, I can wait and find my torque wrench.

I'll second the PRW's... they're stout enough and a lot more practical.

TAC

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see the need for quick release rings. It seems that you run more of a risk of accidentally loosening your scope by catching the lever than by needing to change your scope under field conditions - since I don't change scopes in the field, I can wait and find my torque wrench.
TAC

[/ QUOTE ]

Double ditto on nixing the QRW's. BTW, there have been a couple reported failures of the QRWs on 50 BMGs mounting heavy NightForce optics.

My vote for rings are the Burris Xtreme Tactical 30mm with the massive 6-screw mount. I have them on all my 50 BMGs (with 36oz NF optics). At about $45/pair - I don't know why you'd buy anything else.

tacticalrings1.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.