stw on magnum action

ogallala_1

Can I build a 7mm stw on a 700 remington 300 win mag is the action the same length? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks John

Can I build a 7mm stw on a 700 remington 300 win mag is the action the same length? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes.

Look at the first post in this section (Gunsmithing) called bolt face diamenters and you will find what
will work without modification to your action.

All Remington long actions are the same.

J E CUSTOM

Are all winchester long actions the same length? I know the have the wssm size, short action size, and long, just wondering if the have a extra long or some such. Also what length do ruger have?

Thanks John

Thanks John

Yes, a long 700 has a 3.70" mag box regardless of cartridge.......no matter if it left the factory as a 7x57 or a 375 H&H it has a 3.70" mag box. I have a 270, two STW's, two 7mm Rem Mags, a 7mm Weatherby and a 300 Win Mag on 700's...all are the same.
All magnum bolt faces are made for the .532" belted case...there are minor differences in head size for different magnum cartridges but they all work with the standard belted magnum .532" bolt face..including the short mags.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.