STW Brass or lack of

ol mike

I sent winchester an email asking when they would be producing more 7mm stw brass -site said i'd get a reply in 1-2 business days.

I'll post when i hear something.

7mm STW

Mike

midway has remingtion 7mm STW brass in stock.

Also you cane use 8mm rem mag brass in a pinch.

J E CUSTOM

I'm a big winchester brass fan and i have a 7mm barrel on order .

I had thought about going w/a 7 dakota but now - i'm back leaning towrds a 7 stw.

For the price winchester brass is hard to beat so that's where my interest is.

Winchester no longer producing

Just got off the phone with Olin Brass, they said they are no longer making 7stw brass because demand was not there for it. The person said the round could be returned to production if demand was high enough. The person that I talked to stated that the demand would need to reach 3 to 4 Million pieces to justify production costs. So it might be that people will be forced to use Remington brass if one can not find a supply of Winchest brass. Oldfamily.

QUOTE ""Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us here at Winchester Ammunition. We are always glad to hear from our many friends and customers who share in the shooting sport.

Winchester Ammunition has discontinued the manufacture of the .7MMSTW loaded cartridge and the component brass for reloading.

Thank you again for contacting us here at Winchester Ammunition. If you should require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Winchester Technical Department ""
---------------------------------------------------------------
Yup --it's all but over for the STW.

Just great, I finally find STW brass that will last more than three firings without enlarged primer pockets and now they are going to quit making it, seems about right.

Layne Simpson always mentioned that in his loads he used win 300 H&H brass to form STW cases in the later articles he wrote about the STW, and I read somewhere about using 300 weatherby brass.
RR

Hello,

This will make your day. I use A-Square rifle company brass for my 30 Super (30 STW). It is formed from 7 STW brass. This brass is as good as any Lapua brass I have or ever have used. I am still on my original 20 cases after over 25 firings per case.

Chawlston

.300 Wby brass is available from Nosler. Forming is pretty easy and I think you'd have pretty good brass. I'm intrigued though by what Chawlston offered up with the A-Square brass and may look into that. Sounds promising.

Festus

The Weatherby brass, you just full length size then fireform. Maybe Chawlston will chime in on the A-Square as I don't know.

Festus

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts