Stuart Satterlee Mausers

ericpetritz

Anyone have any experience with Stuart Satterlee's Mausers? They look to be about as top notch of an action/rifle as you can get albeit very expensive. I really like just about everything about them on paper but I would like to hear from someone who has personal experience with them. Anyone?

I had never heard of them until now. I dont know how anyone can justify that much money for an action. That guy should feel guilty its like he is trying to make back all his startup fees in the first sale. 3000-4000 buck my ***.

Ough ya sorry for ranting it just makes me mad when people charge that much for a milled chunk of steal I hope it works out for ya

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with Stuart Satterlee's Mausers? They look to be about as top notch of an action/rifle as you can get albeit very expensive. I really like just about everything about them on paper but I would like to hear from someone who has personal experience with them. Anyone?
I realize this is a very old post. I joined this site in order to respond to this thread.

Yes, I purchased a Satterlee Mauser. It is top drawer in every respect. Stuart Satterlee is a great guy. Yes, it did take a while to get my action but I was ordering something custom. He normally as some around which he can deliver in good time.

I have visited the "factory". He carves your action out of block of steel to suit your specific needs. The thing that sold me is his advertisement that each rifle will feel perfectly with your cartridge. Right side up, upside down, full of dirt, etc. And mine does. It also shoots .410 diameter bullets into one hole at 100 yards for as long as I can do my part.

These are the best and the best eventually costs the least. I am very pleased I bought one. Dan

Is Stuart Satterlee still offering his actions? I've been searching high and low for New Mausers for the CRF to build a few DGR and Brown Bear rigs!

Is Stuart Satterlee still offering his actions? I've been searching high and low for New Mausers for the CRF to build a few DGR and Brown Bear rigs!
Yes, Satterlee is still around. Another is "Granite Mountain Arms". Stuart posts sometimes on accuratereloading.com . These "one at a time" made custom Mauser style actions are pricey, and obviously not for everyone. They are like a fine piece of jewelry. Each hand tuned by the gunsmith doing the build for its particular cartridge and application. These are not mass produced, and most end up in extra high grade, made by hand, wood stocks that are hand checkered. Most will say it's a rifle that's "too nice to hunt with, I'd be afraid of damaging it". But they do get used for those who can afford those 'spendy' hunts. For those who will say 'they cost too much and the maker is a profiteer, looking to make back his investment with 1 sale",,,,,, I want to see the 1 you made! They are not for everyone. nor were they intended to be!

Great, we'll I'm looking for exactly that, Mark Bansner is bringing back the imo excellent Ed Brown 704 CRF design, and now that I've learned of Satterlee I can have an arsenal of CRF actions, this would be a personal rifle of my own, as me and Tim McWhorter are building rifles together now. And with him in the shop I'm eager to see just how accurate we can make the Mauser! Obviously this would be in a Kevlar/composite stock for a one and done type rifle in 375h&h or 338 win, thanks for replying to the post and I'll be contacting Mr Satterlee asap!

Not intended to hi jack thread.However broadening our discussion.
I have 2 good commercial m98 actions.1 FN and the other a pre war swiss I believe.The FN was in the white years ago when I got it and has never been barreled or shot. I also have 2 Interarms Mark 10.Each complete with floor plates.The Interarms has triggers.
I believe these actions are better than most commercial actions available today.
Father time has caught up to me and in all likely hood I will never use them....
Pics on request....

I have 2 good commercial m98 actions.1 FN and the other a pre war swiss I believe.The FN was in the white years ago when I got it and has never been barreled or shot. I also have 2 Interarms Mark 10.Each complete with floor plates.The Interarms has triggers.
I believe these actions are better than most commercial actions available today.
Father time has caught up to me and in all likely hood I will never use them....
Pics on request....
Pics on request....
What are you asking for them? Send pics 2296462837