stringing? No junk scope.

Coyboy

I've been doing alot of shooting with a particular gun that has been giving me some slight problems. I started with 50 new brass, prepped, and fireformed. Load development included 4 different bullets 3 powders and 3 different primers. After some early sucsess, I started to get some verticle stringing off the bench. I worked on the charge weight and soon was getting horizontal stringing. All loads were tested at 500 yards off the bench with sand bag front and rear. I wasn't too concerned with the horizontal because I thought that some of it may be wind drift. I was just glad to keep the verticle under 2.5 inches.

I loaded up 20 rounds and went to an area I could shoot to 700 yards. I set up two targets one at 500 and one at 700. This shooting was done off a bipod and a gun case folded up and set under the rear of the stock. All groups now strung verticle with very little horizontal.

(Edited)

I just switched scopes and it printed 3 shots into <.7 at 100, and 3 into 2.5 at 500. I guess I found my problem?

The gun is a braked 280ai, must have loosened up the Weaver Tactical's gutts. May-be Bill will have a deal on a luepy for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.