Straight Swivel Sling Base questions

FMI

I have two questions about Straight Swivel Sling Bases.

(1) Does anyone make any in stainless?
(2) Does anyone have any advise on recessed installation on a wood stock?

If you're talking about the screw in type, they are made in stainless. I have both the wood thread and the machine thread. I believe they came from Brownells years ago.

As for the recessed installation on a wood stock.... I'll assume you're referring to the "flush cup" type. When I install these, I mill the stock to a diameter slightly smaller than the cup, then glue and screw them in. The cups are threaded.

If I'm off here, please be more specific on the type you're referring to.

Joel,

I'm referring to the type that use two screws for the instillation of each ling stud. If I can't find any stainless then I'll have to go with the screw type.

FMI,

I think the ones you're referring to are made by Miles Gilbert and are available through Midway. They are only listed in blued.

If you have access to a milling machine, I would use it to mill the stock for the base, then screw it with the provided screws.

Joel,

I might be able to get them milled in a fried of a friend deal... I'll look into that. I was hoping that someone made them in S/S

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.