Straight Shot Gunsmithing - endorsement

Yes I talked to Nate 2 weeks ago this Thursday and he said he would see if he could find the receiver, I have not heard from him since.

The receiver is for a Heavy Gun I am building and time is starting to get short. It is getting late enough that I may not have time to finish it for this season.
More and more I am wishing I had gotten a Lawton kit. I could have had the rifle finished by now because I wouldn't have had all the issues I have had with the Phoenix, it has been an albatross since day one.
I am leaving for OK this AM to boar hunt, hopefully when I get back I will have the receiver.

James

James,

When a man makes a humble and sincere apology for an error, a gentleman responds with grace. I sadly see no grace in your response. There is a saying... show mercy, get mercy... show no quarter, get no quarter... in other words, what goes around comes around.

If you ever decide to come to Montana to hunt, dont look me up.

- MR

I'm the proud owner of Nate's first 280AI -shoots like a champ.

It was finished well ahead of schedule and i can't say enough good things about Nathan -very friendly -modest easy going family man .

Nate - We'll be needing a 25-06 AI reamer soon i have a rockcreek .257 barrel in hand.

And the troubleshooting advice you gave me about my burris signature series rings possibly being overtightened on the bases [by me of coarse] causing the rifle to shoot WAY too the right was spot on !

Thanks -Mike

Nate is building my 300RUM and has been very patient with my questions about fluting, scope mounts, bottom metal etc. etc. and has forwarded me pics when my McMillan came in...in a word he has been great to deal with and since my gun is close to being finished I am sure I will be singing his praises even more on this forum very shortly.

sounds like a great guy and the groups with that factory ammo in a gun he built simply blow my mind. wish i had some $ and lived closer ( i hail from down under, nz).
hey mike what was that you mentioned bout over tightning your bases. never heard of that.
cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.