Stoney Point Knobs. No laughing please

mtmuley

Here's the deal. I have one antelope tag, potentially one more. Neither are buck tags. Therefore, I plan to stretch my rifles legs a bit. I am out of time and low on funds. Or the other way around. Anyway, would the Stoney Point knob (elevation only) adjustments work for me out to say, 800 yards? I want the Leupold BDC knob, but that won't happen this year. If anyone has used the Stoney's, I'd like to hear how they worked. Holdover at ranges past 500 isn't something I want to do. Thanks, mtmuley

rather than using the knob, try a balistics program and dial up counting clicks. You can just add your data and test it out at the range. It is all free! (except for the cost of ammo for testing ;)) JBM - Calculations - Trajectory

I have one mounted on the elevation turret of a vari-x III 6.5 x 20 leupold and it works great. for a more permanent sollution, I have sent a couple off to leupold to have the m1 turrets installed and I believe it was $60 to add the m1 elevation turret or $110 for both. A call to leupold could verify. anyway, the stoney point hasnt given me any trouble but it would only be as accurate as your scopes adjustment abilities.

I agree with lamiglas. I have used the stoney point knobs and they worked ok for what they were. The VX-II that I used them on did not have click so you just had to watch where you were on the dial and make sure you zero them correctly after the shot. I sent my VX-III B&C out to have target knobs put on it and Leupold sent it back pretty quick. Depends when you are going hunting but I want to say it was less than 3 weeks to scope off and back on.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.