STOCKS, fiberglass or chassis?

JOSE A. MARINE

from the gunsmithing perspective, if the SA rem 700 were yours and money was no problem, what would you choose..?

all the aluminum chassis are almost over a thou, and the fiberglass stocks with all the work on them are almost at that price, what would you choose?

of all the current options XLR,CEG, etc...i'm leaning towards the chassis, but I've never hd the experience with these..

or maybe a tube gun?

love tactical look.

Joe marin'e

from the gunsmithing perspective, if the SA rem 700 were yours and money was no problem, what would you choose..?

all the aluminum chassis are almost over a thou, and the fiberglass stocks with all the work on them are almost at that price, what would you choose?

of all the current options XLR,CEG, etc...i'm leaning towards the chassis, but I've never hd the experience with these..

or maybe a tube gun?

love tactical look.

Joe marin'e
Do you want an 8 pound rifle or an 18 pound rifle? Are you hunting sheep at high altitudes, prairie dogs in the Dakota's or Taliban in Afghanistan? Eight pounds is just fine with me. 18 pounds go from the truck to the shooting bench and back.

rifle is a 308 win with a heavy barrel for shooting competition/silhouettes or varmint shooting, so I would love if the rifle with either stock weight no more than 12 pounds with a scope.

from some brochures I´ve read the aluminum chassis are not that heavy...but I´ve never seen one.

please help.
Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.