Stock

screech

I'm Hoping to be able to get a Mcmillan stock for my remington 700 I'm hoping to build. Lot's of hopes. Wich one is best, The A3, A4, A5. It's Going on a long action. Thanks for the input.

I don't think it will matter a bit which one you get. You'll love it!!! With that said, my personal favorite is the A5.

I have the A5 on my 300 ultra mag. I use it mainly for hunting, but its a great stock.

Screech,

I too am in the process of building a long-action 700 custom rig. While researching the right stock for the build I was fortunate enough to handle both the Fully adjustable McMillan A-5 and the Fully adjustable HS Precision side by side and found that the HS Precision was not only $100.00 cheaper for the same options and much lighter but the workmanship seemed better than that of the McMillan stock. For me there was no comparison, however this is my personal preference. I chose the HS Precision PST-26 Pro series fully adjustable stock and will receive it in only six weeks vs. the 3 to 4 months McMillan is quoting for a lead time.

Hope this helps,
lv2hunt

lv2hunt,
Remember McMillan make their stocks to order and to the customer specification. So one A5 doesn't represent all A5's. Weight, finish, color, etc are up to the customer.
Screech,
I would go with the A3 or A5.

I ve had a McMillan 'Sako Hunter' pattern put onto my Tikka 595 based .260 by PRS, it makes a good rifle into a superb rifle. Just my tuppence worth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.