Stock weight????????

JDJHNTR

Hey everyone! I'm putting together a lite weight LR rifle on a Rem 700 in 300SAUM and am trying to decide on a stock to replace the factory plastic. My question is this.........what does a Rem factory "TI" stock weigh? I was thinking of picking up one of these but would like to know the weight first? Also.........if anyone has a recomendation on a good quality lite weight stock, let me know? Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the Ti stock is the worse part of the rifle. Mine was made by Bell & carlson. It weighs 2.5 lbs on a Rem SA. I went to a Lone Wolf Stock. Much stronger and weighs only a little over 1 lb. Look them up on the web. I'm not impressed by any of the "factory" LW stocks.

Thanks for the info. I really like the looks of their "Summit" stock. They dont list prices and I have not been able to find another source on the web for them. Do you have any idea on price? I emailed them have not heard back yet? Thanks again for your help!!!!!!!!!

Hightech Specialties makes some realy good light weight stocks , I think that run around $200 from Brownells and your gonn ahve to paint it. They only weigh 20 oz and are built pretty well and they make a Varmint style foir the remingtons wich has a wider forend.

JDHUNTER, Sorry for delay, but board was down & I've been tied up. Lone Wolf stocks run in the $500 area with 2-3 monthe turn around. Bob does a heck of a bed job and they are worth the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.