Stock Suggestions

TacticalRem

I am building a 338 Lapua and would like suggestions for a stock. I have an AICs on a 308 and it is uncomfortable to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

My favorites:

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/

Custom Tactical Rifles, Custom Hunting Rifles, Sniper Rifle, 50 Caliber, Fiberglass Stocks, Synthetic Stocks, Tactical Training for Military and Law Enforcement

I have the McRee's R7L-TMAG on my 338RUM & the McMillian A-5 on my 6-284. Both are mag fed, AI mags on the 338 & HS Precision DBM on the 6-284. You can order them up pretty much any way you want, single shot or repeater. I prefer the vertical grips for long range shooting, much more relaxed & IMHO allows for a better trigger pull.

I am building a 338 Lapua and would like suggestions for a stock. I have an AICs on a 308 and it is uncomfortable to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

It really depends on the purpose of the rifle. Will it be a sport weight rifle? mountian weight, heavy, etc.... What is your price range? McMillian & Manners will run $600+ by the time they hit your door. There is a thread with many of the top manufactures on this site. I would start my research there. Many of the stock manufactures will take their stock back if you don't like it. the only down fall is company's like Mcmillian usually have at min. a 6 month lead time so you just prolonged your build.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.