Stock for a 338 Edge

Montana Medic

Hello!

I am looking for help on the purchase of a stock, I have a Rem 700 is being converted to a 338 Edge. Douglas barrel 31.5in. with #8 contour and about 5.5lbs., using the fractory bottom metal. I would like to keep the rifle weight around 15# or less when completed. The rifle will be a target/hunting rifle (can't afford both). Please advise on the brand and model stock recommended and should I get adjustable LOP and/or adjustable cheek rest or not? I am considering the purchase of an H.S. PSTO 26?

Thanks for your help!

Joel Russo laminate A5 or for that matter any model you want. He has all the patterns and can mix and match forends and rears if that is what you want. Does inletting, pillaring and final finish if you want.

BH

From your description of materials and total weight limit, your shock will have to be very light. I spec'd a similar build which required a custom action but only a little heavier than the 700. The smith, who builds many of these, said 2 lbs for the stock which narrows the selection quite a bit. I'd suggest a Manners

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.