Stock for a .308 ?????????

Pat B.

I am going to build a .308 for a fun rifle. It will be shot off the bench mostly, out to 5-600 yards. But I would also like to be able to carry this rifle to do a bit of hunting, maybe. I intend to put a # 18 Krieger on it which is a light varmint benchrest contour, about .875 at 26". This will be on a Remington 700 action.. It's just a project for fun, to explore the .308 for a while.. Now for the hard part, what kind of stock would you folks reccomend that would carry this heavy barrel, work off the bench, and yet be portable.. Let's stick a finished weight of under 13 lbs on the rifle, scope included.. I sure could use some suggestions. Any help??
thanks,
Pat

McMillan HTG also called the A-1. Good as it gets for all-around use. Probably ready to go in their internet special section in their website. There are other nice Remington stocks but the HTG is the favorite of many guys in this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.