Stock Choices for a Lawton 8500

358sta

If I used a Lawton 8500 action for a build, what stock choices do I have other than tactical type stocks? I'm looking for a hunting stock constructed of fiberglass, similar to McMillan, or a laminate. I've already called McMillan and found out the only stocks they offer that will fit an 8500 are their A-5 tactical and various benchrest types. I'm looking for something in a hunting configuration. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Joel - That's what I thought too. But when I called McMillan to order a Remington Hunter stock from them they informed me that since the 8500 was 0.100" larger in diameter than a standard Remington action, it wouldn't fit. I got the impression from McMillan that any stock designed for a Rem 700 wouldn't accommodate the larger 8500.

Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Do you make a 'sporter' type stock for the 8500? If so, what do you charge? I found your website but didn't see any prices.

Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Kevin~

I don't know why Mc Millan told you that. Any stock that will accept the Remington action, will accept the 8500. I have a CNC inlet program for the 8500, and have inletted standard sporter stocks for it.

Since I'm not a paid sponsor here, I don't think it's fair to the others to discuss prices and information.

Send me a pm or e-mail and we'll talk about it there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts