Stiller Precision

BLASERMAN

What does anyone think of the Stiller Preditor action.
Is it a better alternative to the 700 Remington.
I want to have a rifle built , but am weighing all my options.
A 700 Rem is about $450 then the work on it .
The stiller Preditor is it finished when you get it.
Or do you still have alot of work to do to it.
Also he's building a action for the .338 Lupua.

I have barrelled a few Stiller "Predator" actions. In my opinion, there isn't a better platform, for the money, to build a hunting or live varmint rifle on.

I have one at Speedy's being built right now in 6mm x 284 for a varmint ranch rifle. I can tell you that I will not ever build another on a 700. I even see people competing at matches with them now and with the new 20 MOA base being built in as an option--even more people will like them.

Also, I have heard that the .378" and .473" bolt face actions have the rem 700 style extractor, does anyone know if the short action Predators for short mags use the Rem style extractors or Sako?

I belive they all have the sako type now. the first run did have the remington extractors but that was upgraded.

d-a

[ QUOTE ]
I have one at Speedy's being built right now in 6mm x 284 for a varmint ranch rifle. I can tell you that I will not ever build another on a 700. I even see people competing at matches with them now and with the new 20 MOA base being built in as an option--even more people will like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

20MOA base "built in" as in integral? You sure about that?

JB

No you are correct---I was thinking about the Viper! I have the rings and bases already for my Predator—I call it "brain gas"!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts