Stiller Action ??????

demarpaint

Do the Stiller Actions require any truing work? Or can a barrel be chambered, threaded, headspaced and GTG?

Thanks,
Frank D

From what I understand they are fully strait and ready to screw the barrel on. I would always check the action first just to make sure that somthing diden't slip through but if I had to do any work to one to make it strait then I'd be looking for a bit of a refund. I have heard a few guys say that they had to have an custom action (couple differant ones) cut on a little bit to make it strait and when the contacted the action maker about it they were told it was withing their spec , so when it comes time for me to build on a custom action I'll be talking to the maker about what their specs are.

Stiller Actions

On the dozen or so Predator actions, I've put barrels on, the specs have been amazingly uniform. This is the primary reason I believe them to be the best "bang for the buck" when choosing an action for a varmint or hunting rifle.

The last thing I want is to pay for a custom action and have to true it. I have all my custom rifles built on Remington Actions and I am happy with all of them. A lot of guys will tell you use a custom action. I like the looks of the Stillers, and heard good things about them, but would hate to have a smith tell me it needs work. I was looking at the TAC338 for a 338 Lapua, after I get the rest of my parts for a 6.5x55.

Frank D

I've got a Stiller TAC338 on order so, I guess I'll be testing out it's construction. I'm considering the 338AX versus the 338LM.

Thanks Sid, I would be interested in your comments.

I was kicking around 338 Lapua, now wondering about Stiller Vs. Lawton for the action. I have plenty of time and little cash right now.

Frank D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.