Sticking a bullet in your ear?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Jim R, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Jim R

Jim R Active Member

Based upon the forum description on the Home page of this site, this is the board on whcih to ask this odd question.

While flipping thru channels on Sunday, I came across an old movie based somwhere in the south. Two old "sharpshooters" were called in to take out a man and woman who had taken over a deputy and his cruiser. They were sitting in the back and the sheriff gave the go ahead to take the shot. Then both of the shooters took their bullet, licked it, and then turned it in their own ears as if to gather ear wax on the tip of the bullet. Was there something they were trying to accomplish? The movie did not expound on it any further and so far, no one has been able to adequately explain such an act. Just curious, Jim R

2. Dan Conzo

Dan Conzo Well-Known Member

Jim R

There is Hollywood and then there is the real world--they probably don't know either.

Dan Conzo

3. Red Neck

Red Neck Member

Damn now thats what I call stupid Hollywood.

4. Jim R

Jim R Active Member

i cannot disagree with that, Dan. But I cannot help to think that there must have been some signifigance to it. Perhaps some trick old timers used to think improved accuracy. Maybe you are right after all. Oh, well... Thanks, Jim R

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Not to be confused with the movie "Sniper", where he files his bullets to remove "imperfections"...........LOL!!!

Good shooting.
    C'ya. John.

6. Dan Conzo

Dan Conzo Well-Known Member

Maybe an old method of moly coating

Dan

7. Gary Rihn

Gary Rihn Well-Known Member

Wyojeeper-

Don't forget the part where he "dopes" the wind, says "That oughta be worth about 3 clicks for the wind", and spins the elevation knob!