stevens rebarrel

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cyberscout19, Nov 20, 2007.

1. cyberscout19

cyberscout19 Member

I have a stevens model 200 chambered in 300 win. mag.I would like to have rebarreled with a 26 inch heavy barrel.Something on the lines of the remington sendaro contour.What kind of contour are their barrels.What barrel maker to use that are prethreaded and chambered?I live in mn need a good gunsmith in my area.Thanks in advance for the advice and info.

2. keithcatfish

keithcatfish Active Member

You don't need a gunsmith, Savage/Stevens rifles are a piece of cake to rebarrel on your own. Check out savageshooters.com, there is a ton of info on rebarreling as well as all things Savage.

3. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

i think the sendero has about a 5 contour barrel the barrel is easy to change with a few basic specialty tools barrel wrenchand barrel vice go no go gauge get a trigger from
    sharp shooter supply and a muledeer stock from stockade stocks bed it . and youll have a very potent rig with minimal investment !!alot of the company's the sell barrels will charge arounf $ 50 or a little more to change the barrel if you buy there barrel check out EABCO.com

. JIM

4. James H

James H Well-Known Member

5. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

i just checked the eabco web site its free installation with about a 2 week turnaround

JIM

6. cyberscout19

cyberscout19 Member

thank you for the for the info.