stevens 200

camoman80

Hey guys I was wondering what yall know about the new stevens 200. I was thinking about buying one in a 308 but I would like to know if i have the option of upgrading to a new barrel latter, or if there is any limitations on modifying it latter. I have heard the the rifle is is a good shooter for a stock gun (the plan is to buy it and possibly rebuild it in a few years). I thought I would just ask yall.
Thanks Camoman80

The gun is fully capable of 600yrd hunting if the shooter is. We have one in 308win and using Black Hills 175gr Match it averages just over one MOA at 600yds from a reletivly new (yet good) LR shooter. That gun with the new Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x32 is about as inexpensive as you can get for medium range work. The gun is a Savage 10 series all the way without the accu-trigger. Any part that fits the Savages fits the Stevens.

Thanks man. I think I will be getting one then. Now I just nead to find the best deal on one a a 308.
Thanks again Camoman80

I just finished building a 6mm Norma BR on a 200 Short action centerfeed. I picked up a BVSS laminate stock from a member on Savage Shooter Forums. I'll be using one of the new single shot followers from Sharp shooter supply instead of trying to get the short rounds to feed through a longer magazine. I used a 26" barrel from E.A Brown. I had good luck with one of their barrels on a 260 Rem build. My scope on the 6mm BR is a Mueller 8.5X25X44.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.