Stepping out of 308nate's shadow vid & pix

*Prairie Princess*

308nate thought it was time I stepped out of his shadow and introduced myself.

So here goes………. My Name is Elizabeth Dagley, from here on out, Prairie Princess.

I'll start off with a little history.

I have been "plinking" at tin cans, steel and striped gophers since I was about 9 and I have always had a love for it, that and the friendly competition with my 3 brothers.:D I mostly shot .22LR and occasionally dad would bring out his .44 revolver and
Let me shoot a few rounds (talk about a mule!) I have always loved animals and have a great respect for life (human and animal) thus I started a career
in veterinary medicine. I stopped with an associate degree in animal science as cupid shot me and 308nate became my better half. :) We decided that
it would be best for me to be at home with any children that may come along………well, they came, as they often do.:D We now have four rambunctious, lovable kids (they take after their father) and the older three (10,8,6 ) already have the shooting bug.
I greatly enjoy spending time with my family, especially in God's great outdoors. Hunting, fishing, horseback riding, hiking/walks, camping, and canoeing.

I really enjoy photography ( I'll share some pix in the future) and greatly admire Len's gallery and envy him for the places he has had the opportunity to photograph.

308nate and I own and operate Straight Shot Gunsmithing. I do the paper work and shipping tasks but, sometimes I prep parts for service and Nate has me critique final product and photograph before things are shipped out. I truly enjoy having his shop as part of our home. I LOVE having him here everyday!

Well, I probably know more about you than you know about me. I have enjoyed reading your posts and following your threads for a couple years now.
Some of you hang around here, I have watched some of your children while you shoot with Nate, I've talked with a lot of you on the phone as Nate's secretary
We've gone to dinner with some of you and one of you in particular, I have fed and "watered" for a total of 7-1/2 fun filled weeks.:D I really enjoy the network of friends here.

I harvested my first big game ( a big 4X4 whitetail) when I was a newly married 20 yr. old and I have hunted every year I can with Nate the 10 years since.
I have only harvested pronghorn, white tail & mule deer species but, I hope to have the opportunity to expand that list in the near future. I shot a lot of long bow as a kid and in my early teens at non living/moving targets. I upgraded to a compound bow about 3 years ago. and only had the opportunity to hunt once with it and LOVED being invisible to the nature around me, unfortunately we were in a heavily hunted, public land area and nothing offered a shot. (We have very few trees on our land so it is not a real prime hunting ground. (Great for pheasant though) I have plans of trying again this fall. GRIT lit a spark in Nate and I so we have been putting more time into the stick and string again. We're pumped!

I enjoy doing Nate's brass prep and now reloading for him. It allows me to spend quality time with him in the shop and still be helpful. I jump at any opportunity I have to head out and shoot with him.
He's been talking long and hard and has finally convinced me to compete with him in some "F" class matches. I will have my first go of it May 2nd. Nate has been giving me a crash course in using turret knobs ( as he has always done the dialing for me in the past( and as you can hear in the video too) to dial in for varying ranges. It's exciting to do the math, turn the knobs and make it hit where you wanted it to! I have a ways to go before I am fluent at it.

He helped me shoot and hit a 1MOA rock at 1084 yd. the other day (this is the video clips you see in this post) It was quite exhilarating as I have never hit or shot anything past 1000 yd.gun)
So, now I have a new goal of hitting rock/steel at 2K…I see what you mean, it is addicting. Nate said we will stretch the 300JAZZ's legs soon. Even if I can't make it, I'll have immense fun trying!

I've been told I know my way around a stove so if any of you are in the area and have time to share a meal; you would be a welcomed guest.
A word of caution though, you have to like wild game and wild kids (both the juvenile and adult kind) as they come in large doses around here!:D

We are off to South Dakota this week to do a little "puppy poppin'" for a day. Hopefully we will be coming back with some great footage to share with you of some long range prairie dog hits.

I know the testosterone runs pretty thick on this site and I want you to know a couple things.
1 ~ I won't always talk this much!
2~ I have no intentions of trying to make this a sissy site.
I am only here to encourage you guys to share this great sport with the women and adolescents in your lives. I feel the more people we get interested and involved in this sport the better chance we will have in defending and protecting our A2 rights and freedoms.

Kindly,

Prairie Princess

Last edited:
470yd Genie in a bottle.

watch

1084 yd. I was aiming at the right side of the white edge on the rock and Nate thought I was holding dead center on the white. I was thinking the shadow behind was an extension of the rock. The second shot Nate wasn't able to see until we brought it in to the computer. Given a little more time we will be in sync a little more.

watch

1084yd cont. What is is about talking loud when you have earplugs in?? We had a blast doing these and thought you would enjoy all our goof ups :)
watch

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting. I think I remember a short "blip" about you a time or two before. Glad you shared the info and videos with us.:)

I can tell you this though. If you keep on shooting like that and if Nate keeps building you great guns then I'm gonna have to go hide in a corner and never post anymore pics of rock killing or similar stuff cause you'll put a lot of us to shame.:):D:)

And......now I know where the great pictures that Nate posts come from.

Tell Nate he's a very lucky guy to have somebody that likes what he does and shares it with him. But I imagine he already knows how lucky he is.

Keep up the shooting and we know who you are and where you are now so if you don't post from time to time we'll come looking for you.:)

Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing. BTW your married to a great guy IMO:) He shouldn't feel too bad, my wife shoots better than me too.:D

Huh, I guess they'll let anybody join these days. Don't sweat the sorry shooting. You'll get the hang of it.....eventually. Takes girls a little more time.

That is a really great thread. I enjoyed it enormously.

I have to go along with Len here.

Watered, huh? If memory serves, the last glass was on you.

Welcome!!

Welcome aboard..........

Finally what is needed in this living room. That is, someone who writes nicely and speaks nicely.

I'll be watching for your future posts and hopefully pick up a few pointers.

Take care of those young ones, that's one of the things this life is all about.

Your relationship with your hubby and children is a model. There's a book out there called "Working with the one you love" Don't read it. It would most probably take you backwards. You should most probably write your own book on the subject.:cool:

Welcome to LRH Elizabeth. Nice to see a woman into shooting, not somthing my wife would think of doing.

You know if you start doing the ammunition loading for yourself and Nate, you could miss a few grains in every 3rd load of Nates and beat him in front of his friends.

Oh sure...........nobody ever reads the members intro section. But......let a pretty lady, that knows how to shoot, show up and everybody comes out of the woodwork.:):D:)

Will be nice to have a touch of class around Len's living room huh?:)

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. I think I remember a short "blip" about you a time or two before. Glad you shared the info and videos with us.:)

I can tell you this though. If you keep on shooting like that and if Nate keeps building you great guns then I'm gonna have to go hide in a corner and never post anymore pics of rock killing or similar stuff cause you'll put a lot of us to shame.:):D:)

And......now I know where the great pictures that Nate posts come from.

Tell Nate he's a very lucky guy to have somebody that likes what he does and shares it with him. But I imagine he already knows how lucky he is.

Keep up the shooting and we know who you are and where you are now so if you don't post from time to time we'll come looking for you.:)

Awwww. Please don't hide. The last thing I want to do is intimidate anyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome:)

Huh, I guess they'll let anybody join these days. Don't sweat the sorry shooting. You'll get the hang of it.....eventually. Takes girls a little more time.

That is a really great thread. I enjoyed it enormously.

I have to go along with Len here.

Watered, huh? If memory serves, the last glass was on you.

Welcome!!

Thanks Grit....
I have a small warped glass of water here waiting, with your name on it :)
and Eli has his rubber bands ready:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.