Steiner Military 3-15X50 Rifle Scope Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Steiner Optics reentered the riflescope market a few years ago, and just released the 3-15X50 Military scope in 2013. This optic is obviously marketed toward the military as well as shooters that desire a high end scope for competitive shooting, hunting, or any other purpose. Steiner has clearly done their research and utilized their optical expertise to build a very nice scope that is elegant in appearance, refined in adjustments, and robust in construction.

Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Steiner Military 3-15X50 Rifle Scope Review, By Nicholas Gebhardt. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTG! Excellent job on the article.

Ed

thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg

Nick,
A well written article!! You have come a long way from the time I met you in Sidney At Bob's store. Keep up the good work. Hello to the bride.
V/R
Tim S

Thank you for validating everything I've been saying about the Steiner all year. They are the safest choice in a >$2000 riflescope for many reasons. 2014 promises to be an exciting chapter in the Beretta-owned Steiner family.

Scott

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for the comments, I truly appreciate them. This scope has been awesome to use for the past half year. I just used it to take a nice 4X4 muley buck in eastern MT although the range was quite short, 25 yards or so!

Geb

I have the 5x25-56 version on a gap thunder ranch. It's a tank. Cross hairs are perfect for the "cough" 60 yard shot at a white tail and still small enough for steel at 1000 yards. Everyone says it makes my rifle look small. Oh well, it was my first high end rifle scope purchase and I had a bit of buyers remorse until I started using the scope. It is better than a nightforce, but in all fairness, is more expensive.
Great pics and write-up.

I've pretty much decided on a Steiner Military Scope for the build I'm working on currently. I even found last years models on sale at Europtic for $1099 to $1299. I have friends who paid $2100 for these same scopes and thought they were a steal at that price. These sale scopes are NIB but discontinued models 3-12X50, 3-12X56 and 4-16X50 with the G2 mildot reticle in FFP. At around $1000 these Steiners are BY FAR the best scopes you can possibly purchase anywhere near that price range.

The 2014 models are 3-15X50 and 5-25X56 with several choices of reticles all FFP, including the MSR. The 2014 models are well over $3000, so last years model can be ha for 1/3 the price of the 2014 models. All of them are tanks with top quality glass comparable to Schmidt & Bender, Zeiss Hensoldt etc. I see the long distance competition crowd is starting to migrate to Steiner as well. A secret can only be kept for so long before word gets out. Hopefully, Steiner will continue to move forward with the increased sales surely coming their way.

I bought mine last year. I have the 5-25 military with the MSR and love the scope.
I have it on my 6.5 creedmoor and the more I use it the more I like it.
The turrets have a really positive click to them. The scopes are large, but then again all tactical scopes are.

There are several precision rifle competitors using the Steiner scopes. The scopes seem to be gaining a very good reputation for reliability. I know I really like mine.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts