Steel Targets

I would only go with AR500.

Check out the for sale section. I am running a group buy with all sorts of different sizes. Excellent prices too.

I have a 300 RUM and have shot my 6x6 inch square 1/2 inch thick. I have shot this plate lots of time. Probably 250 at 25 -50 yards. Paint chipped off. If I look super close I may be able to find a dimple from the bullet. Regardless this is super tough stuff. Should realisticly last a lifetime.

Thanks and good luck

Car and pickup "Flywheels" were always easy to come by. It takes high speed sub 30 cal bullets to pierce a 40 pound flywheel at 200 or more yards. We had them hanging all over in the hills and The old magnums like 7mm 300 win mag 338 win mag just crater the face. the ultra modern mags can pierce them when they are closer. 500+ they just have craters

It is actually fun shooting them in low light. Because you first see the fire ball from the impact and then you get the nice deep throaty bong!

They are not armor steel, but they are really hard when compared to mild steel plate

Hi Sendero,
We use 10 mm armour plate and make up a disc of 8 inches, 200mm.
What works well for us is we suspend the plate using a strap of conveyor belting, you could use chain as well,This gives a very visible and rewarding result when hit, it protects the steel no end and major plus, it deflects all shots safely into the ground.
Regards
MacDonald
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.