Steel Target

loosesniper2000

I was browsing on Ebay and saw this for sale. I'd like to know if anybody purchased one of these or your input as to how you think it might might perform.
Here's the item number. 110446634351
I'd really appreciate your opinion. I want it for shooting out to 1500yds or so

Thanks, Dustin

Last edited:
That looks like it'll work pretty well. I've got a homemade gong target with a 10" and 5" circles side by side. It works well, but for really long range - like over 800 yards - I'd really prefer a bigger piece of steel to shoot at.

Tip: set up you gong where you'll be able to see your misses - like surrounded by sand or rock. It's frustrating when you shoot a really long distance and can't tell where you hit so you know how to adjust.

Thanks, they told me the frame is around 46" high. I haven't price targets lately and was wondering if that's a good deal.
I appreciate the input

I have some steel targets for sale in the classifieds, althought you would have to provide your own stand.

Thanks,
Adam

OK, although I did not design it for 1500 yards, it does work.

I got a set of 1/2 scale 3/8" AR500 silhouettes (chicken, pig, turkey, ram from arkcusmfg68.com) as well as round gongs that weigh the same. I welded the silhouettes to the top of a piece of 2x2 angle iron. It has a piece of 3/4" diameter pipe inside the angle. On the bottom, we welded the round gongs. The idea is that you hit the animal and the target pivots around the pipe (rod through it to the stands) and self rights. Only thng destroyable is the angle, if at all.

My lazy man's auto reset.

For your distance, full size rifle silhouettes would work.

Just an idea.

Larry
Tinkerer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.