starting out

SA.TX

first time here. just geting into longrange and i have bought a rem.vs in 308 and a leupold var x lll 6.5-20x50 lrt with side focus.have only been shooting out 200-300 yards in the past with a 270, hope this rig will get me out to about 700 on white tails once i get past the learning part. i have been using rem.150gr factory for break in and after several boxes of shoot and clean the groups are at 3\4 at 100 yards. can't wait to see what 168 gr match will do. thanks for all the good info. i have found here in the past few months i look forward to learning much more.

SA Tex

Welcome aboard.

There are many years of experiance on this forum from some of the shooters. Someone here can help you with about any questions you have.

Glad your getting something from all the posts related to just about anything in Longrange shooting or hunting.

Good luck to you with the 308

Later
DC

Welcome aboard SA you'll like it here and learn alot form people the world over.
They say that love is the universal language but, I believe that it is the sport of hunting or shooting.

Check some of the post from Ian, he shoots 308 alot.

It's nice to have someone else from Tx especially San Antonio on here. I was begining to think only people form up north got cabin fever and got on the computer
wink.gif

with the weather we have had its not hard to get cabin feaver. can you tell me a good range that goes out past 200 yards in our area.

Have you tried the BULLET HOLE Range goes up to 300 yards thats the farthest that I know of around the SA area but, I check with some friends to see if we can come up with something farther out.

SATX,

Welcome, the range you are referring to is the CTSA range. I have been a member there for about 6-7 years. The range is just past Dietz on 46.

It goes to 500 meters (550 Yards). Pretty nice range.

Let me know if you need more information.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.