sssssllllloooooowwwww

it seems more like the site is waiting for a bit before it actually loads. once it decides to load, it goes as fast as normal....

It's a little past 6:00 AM ET, its slower than dial up, and I'm on a high speed cable connection.

Frank D

Guys, thanks for the report. I don't always notice it, partly cause I'm on broadband.

Len, It is very slow for me right now! I am also on broadband. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've got just under a T1 connection, and it is pretty slow now.
It seems like the speed goes up or down at random.

I noticed this on the screen when I posted, and it took 2x that to get back to read my own post:

Generated in 13.273 seconds in which 13.174 seconds were spent on a total of 21 queries. Zlib compression enabled

What Gonehuntingagain said !

At 8:14 pm Monday Aug. 14 I stated logging on the site . It took several minutes to do so ( dialup ) and that is 10 times longer than normal. Once logged on it continued that way for a while a s I surfed the topics . I started responding to a topic an time passed ( means I am a very slow typer ) and when I had finished and posted ( around 8:50 ) it was back to normal.

This may be crazy ( probably is considering the source ) but if you watch the site load it may be that it speeds up when sufficient numbers start utilizing the site .

Ahhhh! thats crazy !!

Jim B.

Everything seems fine to me... of course... I usually have a connection between 16.4, and 24.6

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.