SSG 7wsm and Semi custom 7mm stw

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by nddodd, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

Well I finally got out today and did some shooting with my knew rifles. Boy was I pleased.

The first gun is my 7mm stw it was built by Ted Borg he is a sponsor here. It's a rem 700 action squared and lugs lapped. I also had him thread and chamber the barrel along with installing one of Jim Sees medium size muscle brakes, I can't say enough about this brake. Ted did a awesome job I must add, here's a few pics of the gun and the group at 250 using 180gr smk's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the gun Nate built, I just bought it from Brent Lipelt (blipelt) it's a full custom 7wsm and it's one bad a-- rig....NUFF said

Here's a pic of the gun I took the day I got it and a pic of the group I shot today with 180gr ilk's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

Hi mate,great looking rigs and both shooters,you gotta be happy with that!

3. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Those al both very nice looking rifles, congratulations.

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

I'll probably owe any refund to the preparer:cool: nddodd, Make you feel better, groups measure centerline of bullet:D

5. nddodd

nddodd Well-Known Member

I know it's usually to hard for me to guess where center of the hole is so I just measure outside and subtract bullet diameter. The wsm was a tad over .5" and the three shot group on the stw (excluding the forth that went high) was a little under .7" needless to say I was very impressed I just wish I had somewhere to stretch em out.

Nathan

6. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

Measure to the outside and subtract .284 and you should have center to center. See all those years of calculus paid off.

Brent

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011