SSG 300 RUM/ Borden Timberline

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by jimbo300, Feb 5, 2011.

1. jimbo300

jimbo300 Well-Known Member

Here's a 300 RUM that Nate built for me last year. I took it on its maiden voyage this past fall to WY and shot a nice whitetail. Finally had time to post.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    Borden Timberline single shot action w/SSG bolt knob
    Lilja 30" 10 Twist #7 contour barrel
    SSG muzzle break
    Jewell trigger
    Manner's T2 stock -desert sand color
    NF Rings
    Ken Farrell 20 MOA base
    NF 5.5-22X56 w/npr2 reticule
    K-G Kote barreled action dark earth tan with foliage green bolt handle and rings
    B-square anti cant
    Badger cosine indicator
    Sinclair Tactical/Varmint bipod

Here is a look at what she'll do. This gun will shoot some small groups. I just happened to find this one for this post. Notice this one is from a clean barrel, the gun will average .3-.4 with ease.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    WY whitetail taken at just over 450 yards.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Very nice gun and white tail!

3. jimbo300

jimbo300 Well-Known Member

Thanks Capt Academy. This gun is a sweet shooting gun, I almost got set up to shoot the whitetail at 892 yards. My bro-in-law was with me and I was trying to get him set up for the shot also since there were two mature whitetail bucks together. But by the time I got the dope for my rifle and his, both bucks bedded down for the morning. We then moved closer to see if we could spot them in the bed from a different vantage point. We did locate them and had to wait a little over 3 hours for one of the bucks to get up and stretch. Long story short we managed to drop both bucks. Then the work began!

4. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

450 yards is still one hell of a shot! Great job and again, that's one very nice looking rifle.