SSG 300 RUM/ Borden Timberline

jimbo300

Here's a 300 RUM that Nate built for me last year. I took it on its maiden voyage this past fall to WY and shot a nice whitetail. Finally had time to post.
222.jpg

225.jpg

230.jpg

Specs:
Borden Timberline single shot action w/SSG bolt knob
Lilja 30" 10 Twist #7 contour barrel
SSG muzzle break
Jewell trigger
Manner's T2 stock -desert sand color
NF Rings
Ken Farrell 20 MOA base
NF 5.5-22X56 w/npr2 reticule
K-G Kote barreled action dark earth tan with foliage green bolt handle and rings
B-square anti cant
Badger cosine indicator
Sinclair Tactical/Varmint bipod

Here is a look at what she'll do. This gun will shoot some small groups. I just happened to find this one for this post. Notice this one is from a clean barrel, the gun will average .3-.4 with ease.
DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

WY whitetail taken at just over 450 yards.

Last edited:
Thanks Capt Academy. This gun is a sweet shooting gun, I almost got set up to shoot the whitetail at 892 yards. My bro-in-law was with me and I was trying to get him set up for the shot also since there were two mature whitetail bucks together. But by the time I got the dope for my rifle and his, both bucks bedded down for the morning. We then moved closer to see if we could spot them in the bed from a different vantage point. We did locate them and had to wait a little over 3 hours for one of the bucks to get up and stretch. Long story short we managed to drop both bucks. Then the work began!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.