SS 10x42

BenY 2013

The SS is Super Sniper(which I think is stupid)Has anyone ever used this scope? I can't find a bad reveiw about it and was curious what you all thought about it. I hate that it is a fixed power since it will be used for some hunting but I shouldn't have any shots inside of 100yards so I think I'll be ok.

P.S. sorry for asking so many questions lately:rolleyes:
Thank You

Last edited:
I had 16X on my 270 Allen Mag for a while. The 'only' down side was light passage.

In shade side of mountain and during early/late day it reduced the AM to a 'what am I gonna do with this thing?'

The 10X would be much better but I'd suggest for only midday shooting.

The limiting factor is the 42mm objective.

I have two 10x42 and one 16x42 and love them all. They are great scopes for the money in my opinion. They hold zero well and track great. Can I ask what you are hunting? You may be better served with a 2.5-10 instead of a fixed 10x power.

The gun I am planning to build will be used for anything from whitetail to elk to paper or steel at long distances. I know whitetail hunting with a fixed 10 power could be challenging but I have another rifle just for whitetail should I ever hunt in close quarters. Thank you will hopefully be ordering this scope soon:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.