Squeek shooting in K-Falls?

Discussion in 'West' started by Shooter98, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Shooter98

Shooter98 Well-Known Member

I am wanting to set up a hunting weekend with a couple of buddies here in the valley and done some reading about prairie dogs around the Klamath Falls area. Does anyone have a good idea where we could hunt? I assume most of it is private land and so we'd need to get permission.

2. luvs2hnt

luvs2hnt Member

It's getting harder to get access some people are charging per gun but you can find a spot here and there. We used to have sole access to some propertys and it was cool but now its a zoo.. when you find one don't let it go..
    I usually takes knocking on doors and some luck..:D

3. Shooter98

Shooter98 Well-Known Member

I kind of figured that'd be the situation. I am going to take a drive down there next month just to go door knockin' and see if I can land a spot. Man, I remember as a kid growing up in Northern Cal just hanging out at the local hardware store and having farmers come up to me and offer me a nickel per starling, a quarter per crow and a buck per prairie dog I'd shoot on their land. Now I have to beg and plead lol...

4. luvs2hnt

luvs2hnt Member

15 years ago some of the farmers would offer up a brick of 22lr ammo.

Bonanza is a good place to look. Fort Rock area has open feilds but will limit you to rimfire only. we have one place in bonanza that also has rock chucks....keeping that one a secrete though:)

DD