Springfield, VA.

Discussion in 'South' started by newmexkid, Aug 8, 2011.

1. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

Our daughter and our son-in-law are moving to Springfield and we might follow to be near them. I shoot a .270 and a .243. Where can I find a rifle range that is close with shooting distance out to 500 yards. I just shoot for fun no competition shooting.

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Izaak Walton on Garrisonville Road in stafford goes to 200 yards.

Izaak Walton on Rt 3 in Fredericksburg goes to 100.

Bull Run gun club near Manasas goes to either 200 or 300

N VA gun club on 17 in Fredericksburg goes to 200.

Quantico Shooting club at Quantico Marine base has range 1 open for recreational fire for club members out to 300. If retired military or civil service you can join now, if regular civilian you have to get on a waiting list. They run matches on Range 4 out to 1000

Other than that, public ranges are pretty slim

BH

3. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

Thks Bountyhunter. That's more than enough. Think I'll try the one at Quantico I qualify to join now.

4. Whitewolf393

Whitewolf393 Well-Known Member

Just myself joined Peacemaker National Training Center in the WV panhandle. I live in Alexandria and it's about 90 minutes from me. I'll be going for the first time end of this month (they just opened). I think they're still taking membership applications:

Home Page

Their rifle range goes out to 1000 with others in between, and an electronic system on that 1000.

5. Cthemfly25

Cthemfly25 Well-Known Member

Whitewolf---I joined that WVa club too. Nice facility for anything gun.

6. Delta0313

Delta0313 New Member

I plan to join Peacemaker as well. How are you guys liking it? I heard there was a limited number of long range benches and the pistol range's driveway crossed the 1000yd range so shooters had to unload every time a car went through...

Are these just rumors or real problems? Problems resolved?

Thanks guys!:D

7. Whitewolf393

Whitewolf393 Well-Known Member

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted anything here outside of sales forum guys. I can't answer anything as to Peacemaker as I never went or kept up the membership unfortunately. I hope you're both enjoying it!

8. Cthemfly25

Cthemfly25 Well-Known Member

Delta--I live near the facility so me and my family have used it frequently mainly for sporting clays, handgun target range and the 300 yd rifle range. I think you have to qualify on the 1000 yd range. They offer a lot in the way of shooting classes, etc. my girls enjoy the facility.....very friendly.

9. long range hunter

long range hunter Member

Good luck I don't know of any ranges out to 500 yards that are public