Springfield or Bul Armory

dmass

Who do you think makes a better 1911 for the money? Im looking at a Springfield Ronin full size in 45acp and 9mm an Bul Armory Govt models in the same calibers.
When money allows I would also like to pick up a commander size pistol in 9mm for my wife that around $1000 to $1500. Would like to buy a Les Baer or Ed Brown but just don't have the funds right now. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

After shooting and modifying 1911's for years, I will tell you what I look for as a starting point. First is a reliable platform that is known to feed and function reliably. I then look for a model that has the frame modifications and finish that I want (bobtail rear, front and rear strap checkering, undercut trigger guard, etc), as those are expensive to modify after the fact. I don't get caught up with internal vs external extractors, as I have both that function well. After owning many, many models, the 2 I kept are some heavily modified S&W and Kimber 1911's. Both have everything I want and are completely reliable with any type ammo I want to run. Of the two you listed, I would pick a Springfield, as they are generally good guns. If I was picking a manufacturer that was not crazy expensive, but would likely have everything I like, it would be Dan Wesson. Good luck.

I can tell you this... If you put your hands on the new Springfield Prodigy, you wont be looking at a BUL. If your wife will be the one shooting it primarily, I suggest you not shoot it because you will be jealous. Also fits in your price range at 1450ish. Very much worth the price tag and more.

Also take a close look at the Dan Wesson, they get expensive quick but are very nicely built. The last couple I have seen are probably the best 'production' 1911 platform pistols out there, short of boutique or full custom.

So you stole this thread too???? Why don't you just close your account? Dbag should be your handle.
B52B0BE4-F85E-40A7-AB5E-A888E46946AB.png

Who do you think makes a better 1911 for the money? Im looking at a Springfield Ronin full size in 45acp and 9mm an Bul Armory Govt models in the same calibers.
When money allows I would also like to pick up a commander size pistol in 9mm for my wife that around $1000 to $1500. Would like to buy a Les Baer or Ed Brown but just don't have the funds right now. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I have Bul Springfield, Sig, and Col 1911's, the BUL is the best out of the box factory gun I've ever owned or handled.

Mine is a competition model and I'd put it on par with or superior to the best made in the US.

The precision of a Swiss watch in the body of a 1911,

I have Bul Springfield, Sig, and Col 1911's, the BUL is the best out of the box factory gun I've ever owned or handled.

Mine is a competition model and I'd put it on par with or superior to the best made in the US.

The precision of a Swiss watch in the body of a 1911,
Good info but the OP is a scammer so I wouldn't waste your time. 0 original posts, all stolen from the internet and trolling the WTB ads… hoping Len removes him