spring cleaning

g0rd0

It pays to clean out your bench.
This morning I emptied all of the drawers, shelves and cupboards from my reloading space. I found (that I had hidden away some time in the past), 2 sealed cans, not plastic bottles, of IMR7828 and a bag (120) of 152 grn 7mm RN.
I cannot remember when I bought the powder but, the price tag $12.95 each. Both smell good and I think that it is time to do some reloading :D.

Re: Spring Cleaning - Historical Reloading Treasures

I recently found a one-pound cylindrical tin container of Winchester-Western 571 with a price tag of $4.25. It was purchased in about 1971. Also found 2 lbs of Hodgdon HS-6 in paper/tin containers both marked $7.95. I began using the HS-6 to load up some 40 S&W practice rounds.

In addition I found a 1-pound container of ALCAN AL-7 in a colorful paper/tin container and a 4-pound square tin container of Dupont SR-7625 - neither with price tags. I think both were purchased in the early 70s. Perhaps the retail stickers fell off over the years. They all look usable.

I just found some 180gr .30 cal Sierra roundnose bullets that I cant remember buying. Price tag says $8.97 for 100. Don't know how old they are but they sure shoot good over a load of IMR 4350.

I would be willing to bet if I would do some cleaning of my bench and around my bench, I would find some of the stuff I know I bought but can't lay my hands on to save life. But I always procrastinate about doing it.

You guys find all the cool stuff. Lost my trusty tin of Kiwi neutral, tore the entire room apart. No Kiwi but one dried up lizard must have crawled into my range bag. So off to the store for a new tin of Kiwi, ouch $5.99.

I was digging around my grand ads gun room and found 15 pounds of powder one of which was price tagged 2.50 from a store that he hasn't been to since 1977. None of em were over 12.00. He almost had a heart attack when I told him how much the powder goes for now. I love finding neat old stuff like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts